Forums

Discuss topics with other members

Location: Forum Home » Introduce Yourself » Is anyone serious on here?

Is anyone serious on here?
Miss_Courage

Online: 3 months ago

I'd like to know, if people take this place seriously?? So far, i've been disappointed with contacts who disappear after a few messages or are bad-mannered. But that's not uncommon anywhere sadly. I just wish people would show some honesty. It's not hard, and the lack of consideration is another issue again. I may be forced to quit using this site, cos it doesn't seem to work. Anyone else have the same problem? I think many people here...especially guys, have a lot of growing up to do. Not happy.
Anybody--

Online: 15 hours ago

Jan
_Archer_

Online: 10 hours ago

It is what you make it.  comps isnt the only site around the world with bad mannered, rude people who you are in contact with.  Perservere....or dont.  
Debapril

Online: 3 weeks ago

I joined with some hesitation because I feel I am getting a little insular in my middle years and wanted to broaden my horizons but I have had some strange comments from men. This is not a dating site and I am not sure that comments such as 'hey beautiful' and 'c'mon I don't bite' and 'do you ever get into the city' (this from a married man) are what I had expected, especially from people without a profile picture. (Besides which I am quite ordinary looking and, as I said, middle aged) However, it is all a learning experience, I guess.  
Overtherainbow

Online: 117 minutes ago

That all  sounds pretty 'normal'.  It's certainly not offensive.
Anybody--

Debapril wrote:

I joined with some hesitation because I feel I am getting a little insular in my middle years and wanted to broaden my horizons but I have had some strange comments from men. This is not a dating site and I am not sure that comments such as 'hey beautiful' and 'c'mon I don't bite' and 'do you ever get into the city' (this from a married man) are what I had expected, especially from people without a profile picture. (Besides which I am quite ordinary looking and, as I said, middle aged) However, it is all a learning experience, I guess.  

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and you can choose who you answer and who you ignore too.
_JackInTheBox_

Online: 5 days ago

Ummmm...nope.  
Human behaviour - Far more cruel, disturbing and sadistic than any other animal in existence. And yet we claim to be the more advanced species....
**** this place- let the worms eat.

MrsGeorgeClooney

Online: 8 hours ago

I doubt you'll find anyone serious on here
UnlikelySuspect

Forum veteran

Online: 24 hours ago

Debapril wrote:

Really? Just because you think you are ordinary looking doesn’t mean others don’t find you attractive. Also, I don’t see how any of the comments you listed are offensive?

Think of it this way, if you have dredged up the courage to try online dating then it stands to reason another person may have done the same. Just like real life, it still takes take and patience, they don’t come running to you just because you made an online profile.

Don’t be so judgemental, just because you feel you have become  a little insular doesn’t mean others aren’t going forward and putting themselves out there and it’s basic comments like those that start a conversation not define it.

Be safe by all means, the interwebs can be daunting. But trust yourself as well.
C'est La Vie
Newbie2019

Online: 13 hours ago

I am pretty new here too. I've connected with a couple of people via PMs which has been nice.

I think we have joined and existence social group/space and gotta be willing to fit in, if we don't like the space we should leave.. but also people are into instant gratification but I don't think you can expect to connect with people without some work. This is not a dating site, although some people might be looking to date, I joined because I was attracted to being in a text driven space for talk. Like you, some of the stuff here is flippant and I am looking for more, but life's hard and I dont think we can (should) judge people just because they are looking for some light escapism. God knows, I would probably benefit from a bit more silliness in my life (the amusing kind, not the frustrating singularly childish mode kind).

Someone here, asked me via PM, "what are you hear for" and I did not have an immediate answer, probably because I don't really know, but the "companions" name was attractive, as was the idea of forums, but if you feel they lack "substance' then you need to try and create a little corner here for that to take place. I would be into that.

Have you been on forums before ?
Last_Interceptor

Forum veteran

Online: 2 months ago

Hmmm....I'm thinking that THIS little Introduction Thread/Posts are about the most intetresting Lot to Date...!

Serious....? & Surprised at certain Responses...?

So... What are SOME of the Many Reasons People would consider Joining a Site like this one...?

Looking for Contact with Others...?

Looking for a Site to Pass a bit of Time On...?

Looking for a Serious Relationship...?

Looking for a (Not So) Serious Relationship...?

Looking to Vent a Bad Day...? (Although this is getting hard to do these days with the New Age Admin)

Looking to Joke Around...?

And... Probably 100's of Other Reasons...?
Well... What Else Can I Really Add Here... Life's Short... So Don't Waste It...!
Dennyboy1949

Online: 2 weeks ago

Anybody can say what she likes but a male can't. Don't know why men come on the site with the feminist agenda
Overtherainbow

Online: 117 minutes ago

Dennyboy1949 wrote:

Anybody can say what she likes but a male can't. Don't know why men come on the site with the feminist agenda

Fair point
Anybody--

Dennyboy1949 wrote:

It's a sad but true fact that there is a few perks to being a woman thankfully.
I reckon some men come on here because they enjoy the challenge.
Dennyboy1949

Online: 2 weeks ago

I would like it to be easier. I met my wife at a party in 1966 and we were together for almost 50 years and no internet required.