Forums

Discuss topics with other members

Location: Forum Home » News & Current Affairs » News and Views of the Day

News and Views of the Day
Benny_Fitz

Forum superstar

Online: 3 hours ago

The club would have paid out about 2.5m in winnings on that turnover ..pokies pay out about 80c + in the dollar ...
Plus they pay turnover tax on the investments ...so the club would have only profited a couple of hundred thousand
from it if that ....they wouldnt have the 3 million ....the club didnt comit a crime so they havent made proceeds of a crime
Its the person comitting the crime that cant keep proceeds of a crime ...the business man is making a fool of himself
He is likely insured anyway ....Im guessing the money was pilfered over a period of time  ???
the business should have picked up on it earlier .. Most  would notice $3m being skimmed off the top
Think of how stupid the average person is.
Then realise that half of them are stupider than that
~ George Carlin

Suzyyy

Forum superstar

Online: 5 hours ago

he didnt pick up on it at all - she confessed to it (4 years prison time).  he is 75 and struggling to sell his business

Family is all that matters!

Treat every day, hug, gathering, "goodbye" as if it's your last with them.

Have no regrets
Benny_Fitz

Forum superstar

I feel sorry for him , but its more his fault that the clubs ....
~ George Carlin

Suzyyy

Forum superstar

closer to $3.7m actually and she had worked for him for nearly 20 years at the time she admitted what she had done.  she was the daughter of a friend but she started stealing shortly after she started work there.
he had a meeting planned with 4 international buyers and she told him on the morning of that meeting because she knew they would go through the books.  as a crime had been committed, he had to withdraw the business from sale.  he used to own the land the factory was on but had to sell it and rent it back, he also had to put off some employees.

Have no regrets
Benny_Fitz

Forum superstar

If she had been doing this for 20 years ....why , when she admitted it did he suddendly have to sell the land and rent it back ?
Why would it make the sale fall through of the business ? If anything I would think it would enhance the sale because suddenly the business wa nearly $4m
Profitable than they thought over the last 20 years ....$3m over 20 years averages out at $185000 a year

That makes a difference to the bottom line .....Knowing straight away that the business cashflow would increase by $185000 a year simply by sacking the thief would be a massive incentive for me to buy it .... There are some anomalies in this story ...
$185000 a year is about $3500 a week or $700 a day for a 5 day working week .... Not knowing how big the business is makes it hard determine , But you would think the sole owner of the business would notice $700 a day every day over 20 years would notice ..... Something doesn't add up in my mind
The only thing I do know , is he cant ask the club for the money back under the proceeds of crime laws ...thats just nonsense

The bloke needs a check up from the neck up
~ George Carlin

Suzyyy

Forum superstar

Benny_Fitz wrote:

If she had been doing this for 20 years ....why , when she admitted it did he suddendly have to sell the land and rent it back ?
Why would it make the sale fall through of the business ? If anything I would think it would enhance the sale because suddenly the business wa nearly $4m
Profitable than they thought over the last 20 years ....$3m over 20 years averages out at $185000 a year

That makes a difference to the bottom line .....Knowing straight away that the business cashflow would increase by $185000 a year simply by sacking the thief would be a massive incentive for me to buy it .... There are some anomalies in this story ...
$185000 a year is about $3500 a week or $700 a day for a 5 day working week .... Not knowing how big the business is makes it hard determine , But you would think the sole owner of the business would notice $700 a day every day over 20 years would notice ..... Something doesn't add up in my mind
The only thing I do know , is he cant ask the club for the money back under the proceeds of crime laws ...thats just nonsense

The bloke needs a check up from the neck up

he is stated to be the oldest FIFO in australia because he and his wife have a home in launceston and he flies up every monday to run the business.
as for the rest of your questions I cant answer - it was a story on abc news

Have no regrets
Benny_Fitz

Forum superstar

I realise you wont have the answers ...the ABC should know better than to print the proceeds of crime nonsense

As I said , Im certain there is more to the story than whay has been fed ...

London to a brick on he was "dicking" the wench that ripped him off ...your FIFO snippet has enhanced my thoughts on that
~ George Carlin

Suzyyy

Forum superstar

Benny_Fitz wrote:

I realise you wont have the answers ...the ABC should know better than to print the proceeds of crime nonsense

As I said , Im certain there is more to the story than whay has been fed ...

London to a brick on he was "dicking" the wench that ripped him off ...your FIFO snippet has enhanced my thoughts on that

i suspected the affair thing ....there just isnt enough evidence on how she spent so much money.  she drove a very old car, lived in an ordinary house and dressed in ordinary clothes.

maybe a hidden account somewhere?

she also played pokies to 4am (club closing time) so that doesnt leave much time for a 9-5 job

Have no regrets
Benny_Fitz

Forum superstar

Yep yep yeppers ...much more to the story , without doubt
~ George Carlin

Arrowgirl-

Campaigner who fought to get Coon cheese renamed calls on Carlton to change “racist” theme song
LonelyCityGirl_

Forum veteran

Online: 9 hours ago

Australias next census

10 August 2021
LonelyCityGirl_

Forum veteran

Meanwhile, COVID-infected Australians continue to return to the country in high numbers.

Some six new virus cased were reported in hotel quarantine on Saturday - four in NSW and one each in Queensland and Victoria.

LonelyCityGirl_

Forum veteran

Second Aussie develops blood clots after AstraZeneca vaccine.
A woman in her 40's from South Australia
Benny_Fitz

Forum superstar

I thought it was in WA?
~ George Carlin

Suzyyy

Forum superstar

'A Sydney mother has shared on Facebook what she says was an unexpected find in a bag of cos lettuce.

Lesley Khun wrote a cautionary tale to others on the Mosman Living group to "check packed lettuce carefully!"

"Last night my son found this baby white headed snake in with the packaged baby cos lettuce he purchased from Aldi," Khun wrote alongside photos of the fresh food allegedly bought from the supermarket chain, adding : "Make sure you check packed lettuce carefully!"

Have no regrets